Raise money for your Student Organization during UNMC Giving Day!
UNMC Giving Day – For the Greater Good is a 31-hour online event to raise money for scholarships, colleges, various programs, clinical partners, and student organizations. The day starts at 10am March 30 and lasts until 5pm on March 31. It’s 1,869 minutes in honor of the year UNMC was founded.
For the Greater Good offers UNMC students a unique chance to raise funds that will go directly back to your student organization. We encourage you to utilize social media, as well as reach out to alumni, students, parents, friends, professors or anyone else you can recruit to support your group’s efforts.
Student organizations who sign up to fundraise can earn funds for their organization. Plus, your organization could earn up to $2,000 in bonus awards. Prizes will be awarded for most donors, most dollars raised, and for participation in the day. All student groups who register can compete for bonus funds for their organization:
- $1,000 for the student organization with the most donors.
- $500 for the student organization with the most dollars raised.
- $250 awarded to two randomly selected student organizations (student org must receive gifts from 10 or more donors to be eligible)
How to register:
Click here and complete the online form. You must represent a student organization registered with UNMC SLIDO to participate.
Register by 5pm on Friday, March 17, 2023.
- We will confirm all student groups within a few days of registration. If you have not heard back within a week of registering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a For the Greater Good tool kit and a link to your fundraising page via email. Once you have this link, send it to your members, alumni, family, and friends and post it to your social media accounts using #UNMCGivingDay
Student groups are advised that any funds raised through UNMC Giving Day are assessed a 4% advancement fee.
After UNMC Giving Day:
Funds raised through this giving day will be available to student groups, less fees, approximately 45-60 days after the event. All funds will be transferred to the SLIDO “central bank,” and to use the money you raise, you organization will coordinate with SLIDO.
Contact Janelle Domeyer at email@example.com or 402-504-3328